A one-day seminar that lays the foundation to enable you to take advantage of AI and IoT data, building upon familiar computing paradigms such as programming, operational systems, databases, analytics and Business Intelligence.
With the enormous growth of Big Data, especially from Internet of Things (IoT) devices, now is the time to start planning for and building skills and infrastructure in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and IoT to take advantage of new technologies in support of Decision Making in your business.
Artificial Intelligence has had a long and chequered history. Multiple periods of over-optimism have been followed by “AI Winters” since the 1950s. AI has come of age and is being embedded in mainstream technology from cars to call centres, and smartphones to IT systems, enabled in large part by IoT. The Internet of Things is driving exponential growth in data describing the physical world. This massive deluge of data supports AI and suggests that this “AI Summer” is not going to fade.
Under a range of names—deep learning, autonomous vehicles, cognitive computing, robotics, algorithms and more—AI and IoT together offer both the threat and the promise of revolutionising all aspects of IT, business and, indeed, society. What do you need to know about them? How should you prepare for and react to their growing importance in your business and IT environments, especially in their likely transformation of Decision Making support?
In this seminar, Dr. Barry Devlin lays the foundation to enable you to take advantage of AI and IoT data, building upon familiar computing paradigms such as programming, operational systems, databases, analytics and Business Intelligence. Exploring the relationship between Big Data and many types of deep learning, we position traditional and emerging BI tools and techniques in the practical application of AI in the business world. Extrapolating from the rapid growth of AI and IoT in the consumer world, we see where and how it will drive business and likely impact IT. Based on new models of decision making at the organisational and personal levels, we examine where to apply augmentation and automation in the roll-out of AI. Finally, we address the ethical and economic implications of widespread adoption of Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
What you will learn
- What is AI? A brief history and explanation of its evolution
- Key concepts and terminology
- Understanding the IoT and its importance to AI as the new driver of business value
- A comprehensive architecture and framework spanning from traditional BI to AI and beyond
- Approaches to applying AI to Decision Making—augmentation vs. automation
- Implications of AI and IoT for the IT department
- New technology solutions needed to build out business applications of AI and IoT
- Evolving from today’s BI to future AI- & IoT-based solutions
- Ethical and economic considerations for your business and beyond