Building the Data-Driven Business, New Zealand
Auckland, 30 Aug – 1 Sept 2016 and Wellington 5-7 Sept 2016
Methods and techniques for smart analytics and diverse information challenges – a 3 Day Training Course by Barry Devlin and Chris LaGrange
WhereScape is bringing Dr Barry Devlin to New Zealand to strengthen the training offering for leaders in IT and information management. New Zealand companies have global aspirations, deliver globally recognized services and should have access to the training from internationally renowned experts. Many organizations struggle to realise their information strategies, lacking business buy in, capability and executive support. WhereScape is leveraging its global network—and adding local experience with Chris LaGrange—to enable you to meet the new challenges of the information age. This course provides you with the capabilities to build data driven businesses using leading methodologies and approaches previously only available offshore.
Course Outline (View Detailed Course Outline)
For the modern business, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouses are bare essentials for survival. From data lakes to predictive analytics, algorithms to cognitive computing, social media to the Internet of Things, the technology underlying business is changing rapidly. Business, too, is transforming dramatically. The trends are interrelated. And the implications for IT span the entire environment and organisation…
Tomorrow’s business demands a new architecture that reintegrates all decision making and action across all its processes.
Learn how your IT organisation can succeed and become a true partner to the business in driving change and managing the introduction of fully integrated, real-time processes, closely linking information and activities from all areas of the enterprise. As decision making and action become ever more tightly bound, you need a new business vision and a modern architecture to reap the very real business benefits promised by new technologies. Business and IT must work closely together in a tightly-integrated approach called the “biz-tech ecosystem”.
This course will equip you with a new approach to IT architecture, built on a foundation of information. You will learn how to align and adapt processes, people and technologies, and will build the foundations of a strategic plan for your organisation.
Main Topics (View Detailed Course Outline)
- A New Architecture—Business Drivers and Technological Evolution
- Data and Information—the Foundation for Everything
- Formal and Informal Business Processes—Getting from Information to Action
- People—Action-Oriented Decision Making and Engaging Innovation
- Emerging Ethical and Economic Considerations
- Planning and Implementation – including a facilitated workshop to put principles into practice
What you will learn
- Business drivers and technical rationale for a new architectural approach
- The possibilities and challenges of new database and data management technologies, including Hadoop, NoSQL, column stores and other analytic appliances
- Using ETL, data warehouse automation (DWA) and data virtualization tools for integration of all types of content and data
- Positioning and using Web social media and collaboration tools in support of decision-making
- The importance of user context and roles in decision processes
- Structure and components of the new architecture
- Practical steps to grow and improve your current data warehouse to the new architecture
Who should attend
- CIOs, IT leaders and managers
- Enterprise, systems, solutions and data warehouse architects
- Systems, strategy and business intelligence managers
Leave A Comment